Now a days most of the people wear glasses and contact lenses. The reason is drastically increased computer usage both at home and at work and increased television watching. Only few of you know that our eyes need regular exercise in order to keep them healthy, just like any other muscle in the body. If you regularly exercise your eyes then i am sure you will rarely need glasses or contact lenses. Also, if you start wearing glasses or contact lenses your eyesight will only get worse over time rather than get better as your eyes will get used to the new lense and need even stronger lenses to function properly. The truth is 90% of opticians would not be required if everybody do some sort eye exercise on a daily basis.
I use the computer at home and at work for an average of 9-12 hours per day. I also use glasses with .5 number. Initially i wanted to use only Anti-glare glasses but when i visited optician i get to know that my eyes also need glasses. Now i want to get rid of these glasses by recovering my natural vision.
5 Exercises to strengthen your eye muscles and improve your vision
Whenever you blink your eyes are going into a brief period of darkness which helps to keep your eyes fresh and discharges previous information ready for new information, this helps to reduce eye strain. Whenever you are talking to someone and they are blinking at a 3-4 second interval, it’s a sign of a relaxed and friendly listener.
Instructions for palming
1. Take a few deep breathes before you begin.
2. Make yourself comfortable whilst leaning forward on a desk or with your elbows resting on your knees. Close your eyes.
3. Place your two hands over your eyes with the cup of your palm covering your eyes, your fingers on your forehead and the heel of your hand will rest on your cheekbone. Make sure you can blink freely and you are not putting too much pressure on your eyes.
Palming gives you the opportunity to rest your mind and your eyes for a few minutes at a time.
3.Figure of eight
Imagine a giant figure of eight in front of you about 10 feet in front of you. Now turn the 8 on it’s side. Now trace the figure of eight with your eyes, slowly. Do it one way for a few minutes and then do it the other way for a few minutes. It may seem very alien at first but it’s worth persevering with it.
4.Near and far focusing
Instructions for Near and far focusing.
1. Sit in a comfortable position, or stand, this will only take 2-3 minutes at a time.
2. Put your thumb about 10 inches in front of you and focus on it.
3. Now focus on something else about 10 – 20 feet in front of you.
4. On each deep breath switch between focusing on your thumb and the 10-20 feet object in front of you.
Instructions for zooming
1. Sit in a comfortable position
2. Stretch out your arm with your thumb in the hitchhike position
3. Focus on your thumb as your arm is outstretched.
4. Now bring your thumb closer to you, focusing all the time, until your thumb is about 3 inches in front of your face.
5. Now move your thumb away again until your arm is fully outstretched.
6. Do this for a few minutes at a time throughout the day.