I know that there are so many students and experienced people out there in market who are looking for job change or new jobs.
To get a better job according to your capabilities is not a big task, only thing you need to do is create a Resume which stands you out of crowd.
Its not the final task that you create a resume. You need to send that resume to potential recruiters as well. To send your resume to companies or consultancies you need to create an account on website like Monster.com, TimesJobs.com, Naukri.com and so many other websites.
Today i am posting few tips that are necessary for everyone who is actively looking for better job opportunities and these tips will definitely gives you salary hike and help you to find best job in the industry.
You need to make your CV stand out of the crowd, So how will you do that, here’s how:
- Update your Resume: Updating your resume tells recruiters you are interested in a job switch, which increases their interest in you. It also showcases your latest skills, responsibilities, and achievements. For best results your resume should be updated every three months.
- Have an updated Resume Headline: A specific resume headline that contains key words that employers might be looking for increases your chance of getting recruiters attention quickly. For e.g. a headline “Software and Web Programmer with 3 years of experience in designing PHP Based Enterprise Applications” could attract immediate recruiter attention.
- Highlight Key Skills: In mentioning key skills, be as specific as possible. For instance, rather than using generic words like ‘Sales’, it always helps to be specific and say ‘Institutional Sales for ABC Product’.
- Highlight Key Achievements: Mention objective and measurable achievements. For e.g. saying “Increased Sales by 20% over a period of 6 months”instead of “Increased Sales for my Company” could make the recruiter contact you instantly!
- State Experience Clearly: Recruiters prefer looking at numbers than subjective terms. For instance they would want to look at “3 years of development and programming experience” than “Ample development experience”
Source : Timesjobs.com